Monday, January 08, 2007

????

Hey!!!
Happened to read these two poems in one of the books i read lately.
The poems contradict each other...yet both are unique and true in their own way.
Try guessing what character/behaviour/nature of a person these poetry depict...
TRANSFERRED _ _ _!!!
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of heaven dance between you.

Love one another,but make not a bond of love:
Let there be a moving sea between
the shores of your souls.
Fill each others cup
but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread,
but eat not from the same loaf
Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone,
Though they quiver with the same music

Give your hearts
but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life contain your hearts.
And stand together,yet not too together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart
And the oak tree
and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
--Kahlil Gibran

I AM A ROCK!!!

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship;
friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
But I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved i never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
ANd my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room,safe and within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.
--Paul Simon

It sounds kind of strange.But itseems it depicts EGO!!!
The very name of the book i read is titled "Get the EGO Advantage"
Be Happy!!! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) nice one..!!

Kavana D Rajan said...

EGO!!!
a necessary evil~~~strange but important fact about it...aint it???
a very very good presentation of the fact!!keep it up!!:-)

Anonymous said...

Funny really how the same songs can mean something so different...i couldnt help noticing that u have put up " I am a rock" by Simon and Garfunkel and correlated with egoism. Well the reason why i developed a sudden interest in that is because i myself had referred to the same song in one my blogs - but for something different....

http://arbitblogs.wordpress.com/2006/06/09/g-for-girlfriend/